The Nursing Facility Transition (NFT) program provides individuals currently in a nursing facility with the opportunity to return to community based living. This may be the individual’s own home or apartment, the home of family or friends, an adult foster care or assisted living home.
What NFT services does Senior Services provide?
We provide support when you are ready to transition from a long-term care facility to a community-based setting. Sometimes this process can be lengthy and overwhelming, but we are here to walk you through every step of your journey towards independence. Our NFT coordinators are knowledgeable and caring professionals .
Who is eligible?
- Individuals currently residing in a skilled nursing facility (SNF)
- There must be a barrier in place that is preventing the individual from safely leaving the SNF
- Currently on, or eligible for, Medicaid
- Resides in Allegan, Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo, or St. Joseph counties
How do I enroll?
The first step in the process is to call our NFT program coordinator to determine eligibility. Our NFT professionals are well prepared to answer your questions, or refer you to resources where you can get answers. Referrals can be made by medical professionals, family members, friends or the individual themselves.
* This program is funded by the Michigan Department of Heath and Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.