Senior Services MI Choice Waiver program is designed specifically for low-income adults 18 years of age and older who require nursing home level of care but prefer to live independently in the environment of their choice instead of a nursing home.
The home- and community-based care program serves adults who meet financial, functional and service need criteria. Individuals receive the services they need in their own home, the home of a loved one, or other community setting such as an assisted living or adult foster care home.
Through the completion of a comprehensive, person-centered care plan, our certified RN and SW support coordinators connect individuals with support and beneficial resources needed to remain safe where they live.
For more information about MI Choice services and eligibility, please contact Lisa Singleton at 269-382-0515 or by clicking here.
MI Choice Waiver Eligibility Criteria
- If you are a senior age 65 or older
- If you are a disabled person age 18 or older
- Must be financially eligible for Medicaid
- Must meet annual income and asset limits set by the Federal Government
- Medically eligible for long term care
- Must require a waiver service
Services available to qualified individuals in Barry, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo and St. Joe Counties, include:
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Private Duty Nursing
- Respite Care Services
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies