RSVP – Your Invitation to Volunteer is part of the Senior Corps national service program, which helps people volunteer in their community by partnering with nonprofits and schools.
RSVP Volunteer Time = Focused Results. RSVP volunteers address the most pressing needs in the community, and make a positive and impactful difference in the lives of others.
Become an RSVP Volunteer. RSVP membership is free, and benefits are available. We are accepting new volunteers into our Focus Area activities. If you want to serve with RSVP Signature Programs or in the community in other ways, we are ready to help you get connected. Regular and flexible schedules are available in Kalamazoo County, with a few offered in Calhoun County. Click here to access the Volunteer Application.
Focus Area Activities
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Give seniors rides to the doctor or grocery store
- Distribute emergency food
- Make home repairs for seniors
- Help older adults access health care benefits
- Spend time visiting with seniors
- Tutor or mentor students
- Tutor adult learners in reading
- Educate older adults on healthy aging
- Support home medical equipment loan program
- Assist Veterans at the VA Medical Center
RSVP Signature Programs
Help seniors stay living at home by giving rides to non-emergency medical appointments or the grocery store, visiting with them, or assisting with sorting and reading mail.
Mentor Academic Success
Mentor or tutor students one-on-one or in small groups to provide extra help, encouragement and support for their academic achievement and success.
Peer Prevention Players
Performers promote healthy aging using humorous skits, poems and songs that encourage laughter and enjoyment about growing older.
Bulk Mail Team
Prepare small and large mail projects for nonprofits.
Helping Hands, Happy People
Knit or crochet items from home or as part of a group, at Senior Services; which are distributed to nonprofits and healthcare organizations.
RSVP Partner Agency’s
Resources for RSVP Partner Agencies offer service opportunities to RSVP volunteers who help them achieve their organizational mission and make a positive difference for others. Their commitment and collaborative spirit allows older adults to apply their skills, experience and wisdom to making their community a better place to live.
For a list of Partner agencies, click here
To view the RSVP Partner Agency Handbook, click here.
RSVP Volunteer Membership
- Personalized placement assistance
- Free supplemental excess accident medical, volunteer liability and automobile liability insurance
- Limited reimbursement for mileage for those who might otherwise find it difficult to volunteer
- Recognition of service
- Invitation to attend annual Volunteer Celebration
- Free membership to Rx Optical Vision Advantage Program
RSVP Volunteers play an important role in RSVP’s success and the volunteer hours and information about the services you provide are essential. The programs funding sources require Senior Services to document and report the positive work our volunteers complete. To learn more about volunteering with RSVP and reporting your hours, follow the links below.