RSVP is a program of AmeriCorps Seniors, which empowers Americans age 55 and over to serve their communities.
RSVP Volunteer Time = Focused Results. RSVP volunteers address pressing needs in the community and make a positive and impactful difference in the lives of others.
Become an RSVP Volunteer. RSVP membership is free, and benefits are available. We are accepting new volunteers into our Focus Area activities. If you want to serve with RSVP Signature Programs or in the community in other ways, we are ready to help you get connected. Regular and flexible schedules are available in Kalamazoo County, with a few offered in Calhoun County. Click here to access the Volunteer Application.
Focus Area Activities
- Deliver Meals on Wheels
- Distribute emergency food
- Make home repairs and accessible home modifications for seniors
- Help older adults access health care benefits
- Spend time visiting with seniors
- Tutor or mentor students
- Tutor adult learners in reading
- Educate older adults on healthy aging
- Support home medical equipment loan program
To learn more about opportunities that may be right for you contact Volunteer Services at (269) 382-0515 x123 or email@example.com.
RSVP Signature Programs
Peer Prevention Players
Performers promote healthy aging using humorous skits, poems and songs that encourage laughter and enjoyment about growing older.
Knit or crochet items from home or as part of a group, at Senior Services, which are distributed to nonprofits and healthcare organizations.
RSVP Partner Agencies
Resources for RSVP Partner Agencies offer service opportunities to RSVP volunteers who help them achieve their organizational mission and make a positive difference for others. Their commitment and collaborative spirit allow older adults to apply their skills, experience and wisdom to making their community a better place to live.
For a list of Partner agencies, click here
To view the RSVP Partner Agency Handbook, click here.
RSVP Volunteer Membership
- Personalized placement assistance
- Free supplemental excess accident medical, volunteer liability and automobile liability insurance
- Limited reimbursement for mileage for those who might otherwise find it difficult to volunteer
- Recognition of service
- Invitation to attend annual Volunteer Celebration
- Free membership to Rx Optical Vision Advantage Program
RSVP Volunteers play an important role in RSVP’s success and the volunteer hours and information about the services you provide are essential. RSVP funding sources require Senior Services to document and report the positive work our volunteers do for the community. To learn more about volunteering with RSVP and reporting your hours, follow the links below.