|Senior Services, Inc.|
Meeting the needs of Older Adults and those with disabilities in Southwest Michigan
|Home Page • FAQs • Contact Us • Getting Started • Map to Senior Services|
Our Programs and Services:
Click on any of the programs or services listed below for more information. When you're ready to order services, click the "Order Services" button.
Information and Assessment Services:
Community and Home Based Services:
Senior Services, Inc.
RSVP – Your Invitation to Volunteer:
Engaging People 55 & Better. Meeting Community Needs. Enriching the Lives of Volunteers.
We Need You! If you are 55 years old or better we encourage you to join RSVP – Your Invitation to Volunteer. Volunteering has been said to be the “secret ingredient” to staying healthy and fulfilled. Giving back is not just good for you it makes a difference for others!
RSVP, part of the Senior Corps national service program, helps people volunteer in their community by partnering with nonprofits and schools. We thank the RSVP volunteers who generously share their time! We hope you will join us too.
How Will You Make A Difference?
RSVP Volunteer Time = Focused Results. Each year RSVP volunteers are addressing the most pressing needs, therefore making the most collective positive impact. RSVP can help you find the volunteering that is just right for you, and makes a difference for others.
RSVP membership is free, and benefits are available. We are accepting new volunteers into RSVP for Focus Area activities. If you want to serve the community in other ways, we are ready to help you get connected. Regular and flexible schedules are available in Kalamazoo County, with a few offered in Calhoun County.
Focus Area Activities
● Deliver Meals on Wheels
● Give seniors rides to the doctor or grocery store
● Distribute emergency food
● Make home repairs for seniors
● Help older adults access health care benefits
● Spend time visiting with seniors
● Tutor or mentor students
● Tutor adult learners in reading
● Educate older adults on healthy aging
● Support home medical equipment loan program
● Assist Veterans at the VA Medical Center
Resources For New Volunteers
To Download and Print an RSVP Volunteer Application, CLICK HERE
Some volunteer positions require a confidential criminal history check, driving record, reference check, and/or other requirements.
For more information about volunteering call RSVP at 269-382-0515.
Tracie Wheeler, Director, ext. 137
Traci Furman, Special Projects Coordinator, ext. 123
Kathy Cox, Support Services Coordinator, ext. 127
● Personalized placement assistance
Personalized placement assistance
● Free supplemental excess accident medical, volunteer liability and automobile liability insurance
Free supplemental excess accident medical, volunteer liability and automobile liability insurance
● Newsletter, The Involvement
Newsletter, The Involvement
● Limited reimbursement for mileage for those who might otherwise find it difficult to volunteer
Limited reimbursement for mileage for those who might otherwise find it difficult to volunteer
● Recognition of service
Recognition of service
● Invitation to volunteer celebration
Invitation to volunteer celebration
● Free membership to Rx Optical Vision Advantage Program
Free membership to Rx Optical Vision Advantage Program
To read the RSVP newsletter – The Involvement, CLICK HERE
To read the RSVP Impact Summary,
View Senior Corps and RSVP Impact Videos, CLICK HERE
RSVP Signature Programs
● Volunteers 4 Seniors: Help seniors stay living at home by giving rides to non-emergency medical appointments or the grocery store, visiting with them, or assisting with sorting and reading mail.
● Triad: Promote the safety of older adults and allay their fears of crime through an educational speakers bureau and distributing a newsletter and safety materials.
To read the Triad newsletter, CLICK HERE
To read the Triad Senior Safety Tips Booklet, CLICK HERE
● Bulk Mail Team: Prepare small and large mail projects for nonprofits.
● Michigan Aging and Adult Services Agency www.michigan.gov/osa/
● Partner Agencies (in-kind)
Partner Agencies (in-kind)
As RSVP Volunteers, you play an important role in RSVP’s successful development and growth. RSVP volunteer hours and information about the service you provide are essential. RSVP’s funding sources require us to document and collectively report the positive work you do. You must report your hours with RSVP’s partner agencies to remain an active volunteer with RSVP and eligible for membership benefits.
To Download and Print an RSVP Time Sheet, CLICK HERE
For Information about Reporting RSVP Volunteer Hours,
For a List of Partner Agencies, CLICK HERE
For the RSVP Volunteer Handbook,
Resources For RSVP Partner Agencies
RSVP Partner Agencies offer service opportunities to RSVP Volunteers that help them achieve their organizational mission and make a positive difference for others. Their commitment and collaborative spirit allows older adults to apply their skills, experience and wisdom to making their community a better place to live.
For the RSVP Partner Agency Handbook,
|Home • FAQs • Contact • Getting Started |
Website Design by Bob Littke